front brakes 88' 4X2 Help

So, I need to change my breaks & Rotors.

I've removed the caliper, and already replaced the rotors & barrings.

For the life of me, I can't get the old pads out of the caliper. It won't open far enough to pass out the pads. I can slide it open and close (the floating part)

Anyone have any video's, diagrams or pictures of this?

Thanks

You need to slide the outer pad off and use a C clamp to push the piston back in then remove the other pad. Sometimes they can be tough so crack the bleeder screw and then push the piston in. Did you take the caliper and bracket off as one piece? You need to just take the caliper off and leave the bracket on the spindle.

You need to slide the outer pad off and use a C clamp to push the piston back in then remove the other pad. Sometimes they can be tough so crack the bleeder screw and then push the piston in. Did you take the caliper and bracket off as one piece? You need to just take the caliper off and leave the bracket on the spindle.

I compressed the piston already.

I wonder If i Did take the bracket and caliper off... let me go look..

I have a 4X2 :( I'll convert it to a 4X4 soon

Anyway, there is ONLY 2 bolts on the whole damn thing, it looks like a bracket and caliper. the caliper is on a set of sliding rods.

Ill have a video in a few.....

This is what I'm looking at..

the sliding rods are either allen or torx head bolt, those have to come out to split the caliper from the mounting bracket

That makes sense, thats how it is on other disk brake setups.

These rods looks look hollow.. let me look into them.......

the sliding rods are either allen or torx head bolt, those have to come out to split the caliper from the mounting bracket

The caliper sliders are 5mm or 6mm Allen bolts. To change the pads on a 2WD first use a C-clamp to compress the caliper pistons slightly, remove the two sliding rods, then slide the caliper off the rotor.

To remove the pads, remove the two anti-squeal clips on the caliper and the pads will fall out. The pads are different; one is inboard and the other is outboard, so mark them. Compare the brake pad material shape with the new ones so they don't get reversed. They WILL go in reversed and you WILL be plagued with squealing. Ask me how I know. :oops:

The caliper sliders are 5mm or 6mm Allen bolts. To change the pads on a 2WD first use a C-clamp to compress the caliper pistons slightly, remove the two sliding rods, then slide the caliper off the rotor.

To remove the pads, remove the two anti-squeal clips on the caliper and the pads will fall out. The pads are different; one is inboard and the other is outboard, so mark them. Compare the brake pad material shape with the new ones so they don't get reversed. They WILL go in reversed and you WILL be plagued with squealing. Ask me how I know. :oops:

Yep, there is an Allen head inside those shafts.

I Should be good now.. Thanks man,.