engine issues

4.0 renix engine issue:

go through oil, about a quart every half a tank, I changed rms and oil pan gasket, rocker cover leaks a bit but nothing to worry about. I do have some good blow by that I catch in a 20oz bottle and fill about 12oz every tank. at times there will be a rasping poping sound like fire crackers going off (enhanced being i have a snorkel), and I have crap for power, i manually shift the aw-4 in order to drive, as in if I put it in drive it does not take off, lacks power, drop in 1st and it takes right off.

So my thinking is I have bad rings and my head is toast, what you think?

Well grabbed a map sensor at jy like I do with fuses and switches and other electrical stuff that is pricey and doesn't go bad often, so I have extras, and for kicks decide to put it on the jeep and with that map sensor, I can drop it to 'D' and go, not having to manual shift up from 1st. and with the recent axle swap to 3.07s from 3.73 it was a real pita, and was going to get some 31s to put on till axles were down, but now I can't till I have 3.07's with 33, drives good, still idles rough and is a hard starter with pumping the gas to get it started as if that makes sense on a fuel injected engine. And I go through 2 qts oil for every 1/4 tank now as well. rings are toast.