Fan clutch

Does anyone make a fan clutch for the 4.0 that cools better than stock? When I have my plow mounted the truck overheats no matter what you do. I have the blade angled and almost hitting the ground AND the electric fan running all the time, and it still overheats.

Cooling system is in good shape I very recently went threw it all. My plow is pushing air around and above the truck and nowhere near the radiator. I drove for 8 mins with the plow almost on the ground angled and the radiator was in clear view. Hit 260 in less than 10mins.

I have an extra electric fan. Would it be better to remove the mech. fan and replace it with an electric one? That would mean one elec running all the time and one switched.

:idea: You might try a "pusher" elec. fan , controlled by an adjustable thermo-couple . I use this system ( Flex-O-Lite ) in conjunction with the stock clutch fan and it works very well . :thumbsup:

Yes, it bolts right on.

No, the blades don't come with it.

Yes, you could to the junkyard, but in this case I'd be going new ~$44.00

Yes, might take a week...you asked if there were any upgrades, the ZJ fan is the easiest and best upgrade to the fan system...and no, 2 electric XJ fans won't pull enough air.

Make you sure use the PART NUMBER. don't go in and ask for a ZJ fan clutch, they'll try to sell you the MAX COOL fan (the one that won't fit).