Transmission Oil Cooler Line

I was wondering if anyone know where to get a lower/rear transmission oil cooler line with quick disconnect fittings on both ends. That is what came on my 88 Comanche w/4.0 Automatic 2WD. I ordered a line from Advance Auto and the Dorman part that I received has a new style connector on the rubber end that has 4 metal teeth inside to connect it. This is the part 624-300 http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_Auto-Trans-Oil-Cooler-Hose-Assembly-Dorman---OE-Solutions_15230042-P_2072_R|GRPTRANAMS_565745183___ Is there a way to make this new style part work that I'm overlooking? I'd rather have the original quick disconnects if possible for ease of service etc. Any help on the subject is much appreciated. I've tried Autozone, NAPA and O'Reilys and they all have the same style assembly.

624300 is the correct Dorman p/n (return hose) for your rig. Are you sure you don't need the pressure hose instead? Or maybe a previous owner "modified" your lines.

Dorman/Help numbers

Pressure Hose 624301

Return Hose 624300

Metal tube 624334

Fittings at Tranny 800714

I'm very sure. My 96 Cherokee w/4.0 has the same lower/rear/outlet line as my Comanche. Both have the same quick disconnect fittings on both ends. The Dorman part (624 300) has a newer style fitting with metal teeth inside that require a special tool to remove. It's not compatible with the fitting on my Radiator as far as I know.

Do you have a tranny oil cooler? If so the return line rubber end w. the 4-prong metal quick-connector plugs on the oil cooler hard line. If no oil cooler, this return line connector connects to the metal hard line that comes from the top radiator bung hole.

yeahthat.gif What Don said. That end goes onto the metal elbow piece on the radiator. It doesnt have a plastic insert to go into it. The 4 metal tabs will act like a quick connect when you pucs it onto the radiator. Mine was the same way.

Goes on here:

I just recently replaced the lines on my 88... Ordered them from rock auto and they came in the hugest boxes.. I think they were like $13 a piece... BUT the other day while climbing up I-76 in the mountains one of the lines busted at the factory crimp and I lost all my tranny fluid... Had to cut and splice in the freezing cold and crazy wind... The crimp looked like only an 1/8 inch of hose actually got crimped and it pulled out... So double check and give them a tug... Oh yeah and the plastic quick connect busted while I was cutting the line so I had to wire it to the dipstick tube... :doh: Still got to go boarding for a few hours though