Brake Lamp

I'm working on brake lamp too with climate control back and forward while waiting for brake lines from shipment

I'm trying to figure out why that my brake light won't light up while press the brake pedal. I decided to remove the taillight and noticed that the bulb dual filaments r on both same time. I checked with turn signal. its blinking on one of filaments.

btw its happened while the dimmer switch is on.

so what would be problem why both filaments r on same time? crossing short?

i can make the wiring diagrams for it to make it more clear?

one filament should be the parking lights. assuming it's the correct bulb, check the condition of the socket and then the connector in the harness. the connector is located behind the drivers side rear tire. corrosion in there can cause some weird problems. also, check for any evidence that someone spliced in a trailer harness.

one filament should be the parking lights. assuming it's the correct bulb, check the condition of the socket and then the connector in the harness. the connector is located behind the drivers side rear tire. corrosion in there can cause some weird problems. also, check for any evidence that someone spliced in a trailer harness.

thats what i though, its correct bulb with two metal tab on bottom. both those two bulbs r different than back up lamp bulb

i checked the condition of the socket. its been cover with anti corrosion grease but it look like brown as mud though.

ill check it again and check the connector too.

probably the trailer harness can be cause since its been hacked and didnt complete yet as i noticed

• 1 month later...

sorry to bring this thread back from dead. gotta love zombies... haha anyway

I just checked the ground and made new ground connect plus cleaned the taillight harness out and put new heatshrink.

Connector look good and look like brand new inside the pin terminals.

Now I just tested the turn signal switch and stop lamp. turn signal work but stop lamp is still not light up yet. even reverse lamp and hazard too. :dunno:

those electric gremlin start pissing me off. :fs1:

----

I feel there something wrong with power supply to hazard and stop light because its come from same fuse. I checked the fuse, its fine also I replaced it an while ago.

edit: I just applied the power to blue wire from brake pedal switch. stop lamp lighted up! :roll:

so my gut is right that there open somewhere in power supply to fuse.