got the front end mocked up on the MJ...

cool. i think it should just fit right in there. i ordered it. i also found a rhd cherokee in a junkyard but the dash is all cracked up...head on collision...ouch for the driver. it looks like the cluster is there but it's dummy's so i will see if i can put full gauges in that before anything else. would you suggest seeing as i'm staying stock body style that i should get the firewall too?

yes get the stock firewall its a PITA to put in. you could prob section it tho. i need the piece off the front of the dash and all the lower mouldings(donst come w/ and u need em so u can see the VIN plate)

i was thinking of just getting the whole thing, sawzalling the front off from the doors on up, then taking the parts i'd need respectively and swapping them...like the firewall...

i may swap to the 4.0 while i'm at it. i didn't know much about auto tranny's before, but i'm messing with a aw4 right now for my xj and it seems fairly simple...and this RHD donor is a RHD HO xj. 93 :D even though the motor is junk, the harness is there and i could make it a pretty easy swap. i think that's the next thing i'm gettin from the jy...the owner is holding it for me, no one can touch it!

sorry to jack your thread with questions...