Locker

I have been emailing this guy for a bit now about this locker. this is what i replied to originally:

"I have a ARB locker for a Dana 30, 3.73 or numerically higher gears. To my knowledge it works. Its the older unit. (3 piece, the newer ones are 2 piece) Price is make offer because i have no interest in the unit. I have it boxed and ready to ship to its new owner. I will take trade on xj or mj stuff."

well i would like to have this and the price we worked to was $200 + shipping. well i was wondering if that is a good price and if this a good locker to use? also just to make sure will this work for 4:10 gears? thanks

Brandon

Yes, it will work with 4:10 gears....that is what he means by 3:73 and numerically higher.

Also, $200? Are you kidding me? RUN TO THE BANK....you will get a selectable locker for less than the cost of an auto locker.

Remember, ARB's are air powered, you will need an onboard compressor or convert to onboard air to run it.

The ARB is a FULL carrier locker and well worth $200. They sold for $800 new.

An on board compressor isn't necessary, just an on board air tank. Without a compressor, you just wouldn't be able to engage the locker if you ran out of air.

Even if you don't use it, buy it, and flip it for $500.

why would this be better then an auto locker?

Manual > Auto. Every thing, every time.

An on board compressor isn't necessary, just an on board air tank. Without a compressor, you just wouldn't be able to engage the locker if you ran out of air.

Even if you don't use it, buy it, and flip it for $500.

why would this be better then an auto locker?

Manual > Auto. Every thing, every time.

:rotf: well ive been around this once before with the hole locker thing with yall, and have just spent the past 45 min reading up on every thing i think i need to know and know that an air locker is not what I'm looking for. i should have looked around b4 i asked. and to the fact that you say just turn around and sell it for $500, I'm not that type of guy and would see that as screwing the guy i bought it from and it would tie up my $ way to long untill i could sell it. Thanks for the input guys

Brandon