Which floors are the same MJ vs XJ?

I am looking at getting some form fitting floor liners for my 88 comanche. Either weathertech or husky, or if someone has a better alternative I will look at that as well.

Question is this....what year XJ floors or the same fitment as my 88 MJ? I have a bench seat but I'm pretty sure that bench seat vs bucket seat won't change anything. Right? So I basically need to know what year XJ floor mats to buy.

Thanks in advance.

XJ form-fitting floor liners will not fit an MJ. The MJ has a raised rib running for/aft through the approximate center of the footwell area. The XJ never had that, so the fitted liners will have flat bottoms that will rock when placed over that rib.

So what good options do I have for a nice fitted floor liner such as products made by husky or weather tech? I had a YJ and like the hard plastic type tray mat that fit perfect. I've had the mighty mance for a few years now and my floors are solid and I want to keep them that way. I think if I can limit the the amount of slush that is brought to bare against my floor boards during the winter months here in Erie Pa that I can prolong their replacement.

Here are the photos of the floor liners. These liners would fall in-between the hard plastic and the soft rubber. They are stiff enought to hold their shape around the edges but compliant where they will follow the contour of the floor. I ordered them from Baseline 4x4 Outfitters for $61 plus shipping.

Those look almost identical to the new ones being carried by Quadratec with their name badge on it... Seems one or the other might be a knock off. Quadratec lists them for $60... Check them out.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/14254_7001_07.htm

Regradless, I like the looks/functionality of those. I originally was going to go with the Husky lliners when I got my floors done, but now I'm real tempted to go with this style from Quadratec.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for this thread. I received my holiday Quadratec catalog (the one with the stoned Santa on the back cover) a few days ago and saw the QT 'exclusive' floorliners and was considering them.

One question about the QT and RR floorliners- do they get in the way or impede travel of the parking brake pedal?

Side note- that's some clean carpet you have... mine's stained and threadbare. :(

• 1 month later...