Header problems

Still in the process of swapping my header out. I bought a Dynomax black jack off of motion. The problem I have is on the new one the hole for the o2 sensor is on the pipe leading to the cat. The stock header has the hole right at the collector where all the pipes meet coming from the head. There is not enough slack in the wires to reach this far. Would I be able to cut the harness for the o2 sensor and splice it back together? Once again i'm out of a daily driver :fs2:

Yes you can - had the same problem. Even though the O2 sensor harness uses thermocouple wire, you can splice a section in and it works fine. Splice with solder and wrap with heatshrink. Since then though I found an O2 sensor with a longer harness that fit okay. Believe it was from a ZJ.........

:dunce: I wondered what that wire was for, that makes it easier. Now my other problem is the evap tube that runs from the header back to the intake. How do you get that off? I had my mechanic buddy come over an we heated it an still nothing. Out of ideas besides cutting it an buying a new one if i can :dunno: . Any help with this would be appreciated