Curious on price

MachoManche

What's an average price for a rust free, wreck free 1992 4WD Comanche with 4.0HO, 5spd, 6ft bed and in fine running condition w/ 107,000? This would be in the New England area, so a north east value is appreciated.

I looked at www.kbb.com and the book is $1300-$1700 in fair to good condition. Are they worth any more than this? The seller has a way high price on it, possibly based on its lack of rust and all original sheetmetal.

Thanks in advance.

I will be a member if I buy this truck. jamminz.gif

well, it all depends.

its got a good motor with a good transmission (unlike the early 5spd) straight body, no rust.

but on the other hand its only got 107,000 mi in 14 years... sounds like it might have sat a little bit, and could have bad coolant hoses, and oil leaks.

if it is as good as it sounds i would say 1700 is an acceptable range. around 2k i would start to expect things like a lift or new paint with nice tires and not much wrong with it if anything.

It does have a valve cover leak and possible main seal, not sure from my first look, memory is short now a days. It drove fine, except for a wobble on the passenger side above 45MPH.

The body is straight, rust and dent free, never repainted or mickey moused. The original paint sucks, the interior could use a make over, don't like maroon. It is going on 15 yrs old and I understand how vehicles age, so this one is somewhere between never loved and seemingly maintained on some basis, not sure about regular. It will need a front end rebuild (6" Long Arm), tires (33" Baja Claws) and some lovin under the hood (header, ignition, intake, etc.) I plan to mod the $#!& out of it, so the existing parts needing replacement are of no concern. I just need a feeler of market value, regardless of supply and demand.

Asking price was $3500.00 BTW, very steep for this rig, even if it is totally dry and running. I made an offer near half the asking price. I am waiting for an answer.