1987 MJ Clutch Problem.

OK, so admittedly I have been an XJ guy for a long time. Just got into the MJ game, and have never owned a Renix vehicle before.

SPECS:

2.5 AX4 2WD Short-bed.

My clutch went to the floor today. Could not shift at all. Fluid level seemed fine. What should I check for?

Mechanically, the MJ is the same as the XJ. And the clutch doesn't care if the ignition/injection system is Renix or Mopar.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25695

Very different then my other jeeps.I have only owned 91 and later...and some of the components are a bit different. I will try your suggestions...as soon as it stops raining.

Mechanically, the MJ is the same as the XJ. And the clutch doesn't care if the ignition/injection system is Renix or Mopar.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25695

Very different then my other jeeps.I have only owned 91 and later...and some of the components are a bit different. I will try your suggestions...as soon as it stops raining.

In both the XJ and the MJ, they went from an external slave cylinder to an internal slave/release bearing in 1987, then they went back to the external slave in (I think) 1994. So there were some differences, but not between XJ and MJ within a particular year. And none of the clutch differences have anything to do with whether or not the injection system is Renix or Mopar.

• 2 weeks later...