1988 MJ AW4 drive shaft

JACKED88

I need a rear drive shaft for an 88 short bed 4x4 with an AW4. Prefer something local to the Houston area but will pay reasonable shipping charges. (assuming its cost effective verses having my 2x4 shaft shortened) :dunno:

Thanks.

Robert

• 2 months later...

Finding stock 4wd driveshafts is near impossible. Those that have them, aren't gonna let them go.

After you factor in initial price and shipping for it, it's not cost effective, either. Having your 2wd one cut down is not bad. I paid $102, for a cut, balance, 2 new spicer joints installed(that right there is worth $40), and they even painted it for me.

Yeah, thats kinda what I thought but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

To complete my conversion I'm gonna need two drive shafts. One 4x4 shaft for my MJ and a 2x4 shaft for my 89 XJ Limited I'm taking the AW4 and 242 out of. The XJ (in background of pic above) is a running/driving vehicle so after I take the 4x4 trans and t/c out of it I'm gonna put the 2x4 trans thats currently in my truck back in it. Hence the need for an XJ 2x4 shaft. This way I get 4x4 in my truck and the XJ will still be 2x4 drivable.