Wheel Question

I finally found some 16in rims, 5 on 4.5, but they have 5 & 5/8in. backspacing. Will that cause any problems, without using wheel spacers, with 265/75 R16 tires. I'm going to buy the rims anyways because I can get them for dirt cheap. (guy got tired of them taking up room in his garage) Thanks in advance.

5-5/8" BS is not a jeep BS, what is the source of the rims? I'm betting they are a Jeep rim and you measured from the back of the rims lip, not the actual bead. That would give you the extra 1/8". In any event its not enough to make a difference with stock sized tires. But 265/75x16 is NOT a stock size and is pretty wide. Basically its a 32x11x16 tire and will rub the LCA if its stock MJ. Would likely clear a WJ LCA and will clear a aftermarket tubular CA. May not fit if you don't have a lift. 31's will fit most stock trucks that don't sag too badly. Generally a 30x9.5 is considered the largest that will fit on stock rims, with zero problems. A 1.5/2" spacer up front and a small shackle or add-a-leaf out back should give enough room.

I have this size (Only 15") on my XJ with a 3" lift and aftermarket LCA's. They fit and fill the wheel wells nicely.

CW

Thanks CE but they are an aftermarket Riax rim. The website said that they have the 5 & 5/8 BS. But thanks for the info. I have 1.5in spacers for the front and some Chevy drop shackles for the rear. Just not installed yet. Only reason for the change in rim size is because of tire price. Here 15s cost a lot more than 16s. So long run I would save money. I really want some Libby renegade rims. But I can't find any around here.

Danboone5,

Chevy drop shackles are a nice upgrade but will offer very little lift if they are a factory part. If aft mkt, I would resist using one longer than 7.5 or 8" eye to eye.

Incommando,

I assume your asking about the shackles. But in-case your not, a spacer is just that, a various thickness piece of material, usually a poly that sits on top of the front coil spring lifting the vehicle.

A Chevy drop shackle is usually just a bit longer than a factory MJ shackle. but is boomerang shaped and more heavy duty. its a nice upgrade to the stock MJ shackle. its called a "drop shackle" because they come off a Chevy truck with inverted shackles. In other words the frame appears to hang off the shackle as opposed to the shackle "holding up" the frame as on out trucks.

CW