E-brake cable

Can anyone help me as to how to replace the emergency brake cable in my 88 comanche? From the underside, it looks like it gos into the cab and I have to remove the carpeting. The entire cable needs replaced (casing & cable) from the pedal to the rear where it splits to the wheels.

I replaced mine while I had the seat and carpet out. You might be able to do it with out all that. I would try, however, you will have to access the place where it exits the cab behind or under the seat. When you get that clip loose, you might be able to "pull" the new cable with the old cable under the carpet as you remove the old by duct taping them together. I've "fished" things like that before. Just removing the seat would be the easiest solution.

My memory just kicked in: IIRC there may be a cable clamp, holding the cable, held in with a screw somewhere under the carpet that will not allow the above procedure. Which means seat and at least partial carpet removal.

There are 2 clips/clamps under the carpet. One is just under the carpet/mat by your left foot and another directly under the seat. If you tale the seat out (8 nuts on studs for a bench, 4 for a bucket and fold the carpet back about 8 inches you can access both clips.

Pulling the cable out (from the underside of the cab) is just a big long, 3" rubber plug. You could possibly just pull the whole cable out but those clips although small will be hard to pull out.

But it's a great oppotunity to check for those rusty floor pans