1986 Comanche X - 4x4- rust free- $2650 OBO (MO)

Jonny878

JEEP COMANCHE X 4x4

I have had this Comanche for about a 1 ½ years and it has been my daily driver. Overall its been a fun project. The wife has limited my "tinkering time" so the truck has to go. I have spent endless hours on this truck and know it inside and out, so feel free to ask any questions here on the forum.

The body is straight and never off road with approximately 140k miles, 7' bed. The Previous Owner (PO) was an older gentlemen and I am second owner. There was minor rust on the DS floor, which I cleaned and primed. ALL the hard stuff is done. PM me if you are interested or to get reach me sooner email me at Jawnny@hotmail.com

THE RUN DOWN:

-Complete XJ to Comanche interior swap (97% of the carpet has double jute insulation throughout with reflective aluminum backing)

-Back interior panel reupholstered

-XJ door swap (power windows, mirrors, locks)

-New Headliner (fiber glass resin backing with jute/aluminum insulation)

-Full power, full leather seats

-31 inch tires

-2001 (or so) wrangler rims

-Kenwood CD stereo

-new heater core

-new AC condenser radiator

- new wiper bracket and blades

-new exhaust (installed 2 ½ inch pipe at down pipe to 2 ½ high flow cat in/out to 2 ½ high flow exhaust 2 inch pipe out)

-KN style intake

- Industrial chemical resistant paint applied to bed before bed liner was installed

-New plug wires, plugs, coil, cap, rotor

-4 “ Durango Power steering Box with back bracket conversion

-new power steering pump, cap, and hoses

-new front brake lines

-Drivers Side door rehung (done properly, no cutting hinges)

PO- new master cylinder

PO- New shocks

PO-Brakes

PO-battery

DRIVE TRAIN:

The truck is a 4 cylinder, 3 speed automatic transmission, (appear to be Dana 35s, 4.10 rear gear). The PO told me when its cold it will take a moment (approx 5 seconds) to start rolling once its in drive, its done that sporadically through out my ownership, but it has always started and drove without a problem. 4x4 linkage is missing a part and will not go into 4 wheel drive.

PROJECTS NEEDING COMPLETION:

-Gauge cluster wiring (I do have original cluster but it would require some dash modifications to work)

-AC fan control switch

-XJ doors wired

-Emergency brake bracket re-tightened/repaired (cable shielding end pulled through bracket)

-DS rear Brake cylinder needs replaced

-track bar replaced

The above mentioned price does include these extra parts that I acquired over time:

-New upper and lower radiator hoses

-Factory Comanche Bed liner (installed)

-2000 XJ Emergency Brake assembly

-2000 XJ Steering wheel and Column

-Cherokee headliner mini console (lights and storage)

-new track bar

-new rear differential gasket

If anything else comes up that I missed I will post.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I want it and would buy it today, but it wouldn't fly well with my Wife. Seeing is how hard it is to get funds to work on my current project. My ideal Comanche to start a build from would be an 86 long bed with as little rust as possible, and the engine and extras wouldn't matter because I would be doing an engine swap. What a great opportunity your MJ is, I hope someone buys it and enjoys it as much as I would.

:D

I want it and would buy it today, but it wouldn't fly well with my Wife. Seeing is how hard it is to get funds to work on my current project. My ideal Comanche to start a build from would be an 86 long bed with as little rust as possible, and the engine and extras wouldn't matter because I would be doing an engine swap. What a great opportunity your MJ is, I hope someone buys it and enjoys it as much as I would.

:D

Thanks for the interest. Its on e-b-a-y now with a low reserve. Search: 1986 Jeep Comanche (MJ) X

• 4 weeks later...

Archived