96 xj AC Condenser Question

sinkrun

My guy who does the work I can't is replacing the AC Condenser. First thing is the auto sites are listing two one is "with extension tube" and without. Can anyone tell us what to look for since I am ordering online and want to get it right its not out yet but I can remove the grill and look in. There some pics on the ebay auctions but I don`t trust it to be of the actual part. There $125.00 at advance on ebay I found USA one for around $75.00 with shipping. I am thinking there is no difference in the two as far as quality?????

He would at the parts store but he does not use a computer so he can`t get the cheap prices I can. He just works on them on the side hes a retired Air force mech so I try to help in the process. I was just trying to get a jump on ordering it since hes not sure what the ext tube is either and its at his house 30 miles away.

I looked at the ones on Fleabay, then I went down to the local Autozone and looked at thiers. The thing that made up my mind to purchase the one from Autozone was the fact that it was shipped with a vacuum pulled (it was vacuumed and then sealed with caps). That way I knew for a fact I was getting a good unit.

The extension tubes came with the one I purchased, but my compressor hoses (89) did not need them, so the extensions just unscrewed and I took them off.

Good luck! :cheers: