89 SWB Pioneer

As you can see in the pics before I actually cut out about 1.5inches of metal around the bottom of the truck and bent the bottom up to look a little better. The passenger side isn't finished but the drivers side is a little better. I cut out all the rocker material and I am going to fab some kind of square tubing to mount in its place(Since there is nothing there to even mount a rocker to anymore).

I will take some pics tomorrow of my rear bumper I made out of "C" channel. It is 6" and I welded a receiver I bought from autozone on the bottom. I used the stock bumper mounting plates and welded them to the back. I towed my 5'x8' trailer loaded from MA to MD with no problems. I also used it to pull a few trees down.

the rockers in my 88 look like that. Or at least they would, if the bedliner wasn't precariously holding the rust peieces together. :D

I might be doing something similar to what you're contemplating, so take lots of pics of the new rockers. :thumbsup:

I will, its kind of a slow process working on the Jeep right now. I have a Firebird I'm also working on and it is getting a new rear end right now then its back to the jeep. I'm also waiting on my new black fender flares to come UPS so I can hide the bed wheel well where I had to cut out losts of rust. Then I am going to paint the MJ charcoal metallic which was the color when I bought it.