Engine swap?!?!?!?!?!?!

91_2.5_2wd

Eh..

But remember your MJ was designed to house a 4.0. Several people on here have small blocks in their trucks, and it takes heavy modification, and I believe all of them have cooling issues.

Easiest swap would be to find yourself a busted up 91-95 XJ with a good drivetrain and wiring, grab the whole truck, and swap it over.

Engine swap?

4.0? or a small block.

Keep the 2.5, add 4:10 or 4:56 gears to the rear axle since it's a 2WD. You'll notice a huge difference, and similar mileage unless you travel much at high speeds.

You will need to swap over all the wiring from the 4.0 donor. Along with all the accessories, cooling system, etc.

There are multiple 2.5 to 4.0 swap threads on here, you should be able to dig up pretty thorough instructions on how to get it done.

Chances are pretty good you can get yourself a 4wd swap while you're at it.

I think i need to find someone to help me lol

This isn't something to be done by a total amateur(unless you really, really want to) :brows: . It's a lot of work, and a lot of things could go wrong.

I'm assuming your MJ is not your primary vehicle? If you tackle something like this, you should take your time with it, and make sure everything's done properly. I'm certainly not telling you not to do the swap, just heavily suggesting reading up on as many 4.0 swaps as you can. If you've got friends that can help, the more the merrier :thumbsup: We'll certainly be here to help you through the entire process, multiple members have done this exact swap.

Okay, I'm buying an 86, not sure what tanny is. but I'm swappin that one and drivin my 91

That information would have been good to have at the start of this thread. Given your lack of a signature, we all assumed you wanted to swap into your 91 with a 2.5, which we only knew you had because of your screen name.

86 could be a completely different animal when it comes to swappage.

I suggest you get a signature with more details of your vehicles, (year/engine/trans/4wd or not/bed length). It will help further tech questions. Also be a tad more specific when asking your questions.

Please? 8)

If you're looking for a (fairly) quick and easy swap for the 2.hate, you can track down a GM 3.4L V6. It's the same block as the 2.8, it's still a V6, and in the realm of motor swaps, it's among the easiest.

Plenty of 2.8 -> 3.4 swap threads around here too. :thumbsup: