what do dome lights, LCD clock, and the radio have in common

ok well i was working on my 91, trying to put in my radio, today. well i plugger the radio in and it worked but would not fit in the dash. so i took the dash out and trimmed it so it would fit. then once i hooked the radio back up and shoved it in its place the clock, dome lights, and radio died. so i pulled the radio back out and found a wire was dislodged. it had fallen out of the dash and was hanging down to the floor on the drivers side. i have tried several different connections but can't get the clock or lights to come back on. the wire is connected to the back of the LCD clock on one end and the other end i have no clue where it goes that it would kill the radio and dome lights also. i figured power or illumination but can't seem to get the things to come back on. i will have to get pics in the morning since i don't have any light in the truck to see right now. any light that anyone can shine on this matter would help a bunch 8) . thanks.

Alex

it is probably the dimmer wire, pointless to have behind the radio, test it with a multi meter while turning the headlight switch, hopefully it just poped a fuse :redX: , if that is the dimmer wire, tape it up and forget about it :cheers:

Jonathan

well it is a yellow wire that is spliced into a really short factory wire. so i will have to rip the clock back out in the morning and look. but i think it was a purple one with and orange/pinkish stripe maybe, ICR. ill look in the morning. and it can't be the dimmer wire since it killed the radio, clock, and dome lights. they will not come on at all. not by opening the doors or turning them on with the switch. and the key can be in any spot and not one of the three things comes on.

Alex

IIRC the purple with orange stripe is the constant power wire, it is probably a fuse, looking at a 1990 manual i had lying around it looks like there is a 10 amp fuse that lists: "interior lighting, radio and clock memory", that should fix it, if the constant power grounded out it would blow that fuse.

Jonathan

ok well i did something to get everything working again. i am not sure what i did other then while i was messing around today i blew some fuses from sticking the wire in places it didnt go i guess. but now everything works and that wire is just stuffed up in my dash now. but i would like to figure out what it goes to. the yellow wire is spliced into the blue/red wire. i guess it will be something i will have to ask rob about. thanks for all your help on trying to figure this out.

Alex