Where can I tap into ignition on power feed?

I'm going to add the OE cooling fan to my '90 4L AX-15 (no A/C) and I spent part of yesterday stripping down a wiring harness at the jy. I pulled the relay, temp switch, fan connector, diode, fusible link power feed, conduit, and all associated wiring. My donor was an '89 4.0 AW4 with factory A/C.

The ignition on power feed from the '89 was orange/blk tracer that plugged into the front harness (single connector and the ignition on feed is yellow in the harness). It was located by the ignition module and starter solenoid on the pass side. For some reason I can't find the orange/blk single connector in my truck at all. I did find a 2 prong connector (one red wire, one black so it should be constant power & ground) tucked under the relay cover near the fender. It has about 2' of wire coiled so I assume it's for an option the truck never came with. Anyone know what this one is?

Assuming the ignition on plug-in feed doesn't exist on my truck where is the best place to tap into the ignition on power feed? Ignition module?

Not knowing for sure the where abouts under the hood I would suggest going the fuse block. It has several switch activated empty slots. However I'm willing to bet even money one of the more knowledgeable members will chime in with the info you want.

According to the schematic the yellow wire on the diagnostic connector 2 might be what you want.

You sure the wiring isn't in your truck already? Jeep was known for making a truck that was pretty plug and play. IE, my '87 Metric Ton was ordered radio delete, but it has the wires going to the footwells for speakers, and I found the radio harness buried under the heater control.

Rob L.

I dug around and couldn't find anything I needed. It looks like the A/C harness and non A/C harness were different. I know that a fog light front harness is different than a standard front harness though they both clip into the same connector behind the driver's headlight.

I stripped the (&*)( out of the JY XJ looking for something like that and chased it all the way back to the fusible link. I had wiring fanned out all over the engine compartment. No clips or plug-ins anywhere along the way :(

I installed the OE fan and all OE wiring to support it last night and it works well. I'll have to wait until the truck gets hot to see if the radiator temp switch works (jumpered it last night to see if my wiring worked and it did). It took me forever to figure out how to install it but only took 1 hr 45 minutes to actually put in.