What kind of jeep?

Lenard

I was helping the neighbor clean out some old junk trailer house 's the

other day on some newly acquired property and found a Vehicle ID card from a Jeep dealership.

It has owner's name (who is now dead)

Vin number- J5F16MA054013

Dealer Number- 29 4051

and, Deliver date or date of first use- 05-24-75 ( so i assume vehicle is from 70's)

On the card it has a picture of a Jeep Renegade and the Jeep's old logo with the triangle and rectangle

so if any could give me some info on what kind of vehicle this was???

Thanks.

...Jeep's old logo with the triangle and rectangle...

:rotf:

That was the AMC logo, or American Motors Company. Live by that logo, they were the ones who created the Comanche while they owned jeep. People with '80's MJ's usually still have the logo all over the truck, keys, and seat belts.

2007-3-7_AMCLogoWeb-Large.jpg

Rob L.

Via an online decoder I found, it looks to be a 1975 Cherokee, made in Toledo, OH. It was a 3 speed with a 258 C.I.D. 6 cylinder.

Here's the site I used, it encompasses a lot of the older Jeeps, as well as some of the newer stuff as well. jamminz.gifhttp://www.offroaders.com/tech/jeep/vin_72-80.htm

Hmmm..ok well thanks, wish i could have found the jeep with it :brows:

That was the AMC logo, or American Motors Company. Live by that logo, they were the ones who created the Comanche while they owned jeep. People with '80's MJ's usually still have the logo all over the truck, keys, and seat belts.

Rob L.

ya that symbol, I couldn't remember if it was jeep's or AMC's logo, oh well :doh:

Rob L.

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

i found that amusing also

Via an online decoder I found, it looks to be a 1975 Cherokee, made in Toledo, OH. It was a 3 speed with a 258 C.I.D. 6 cylinder.

Here's the site I used, it encompasses a lot of the older Jeeps, as well as some of the newer stuff as well. jamminz.gifhttp://www.offroaders.com/tech/jeep/vin_72-80.htm

is there a vin decoder like that floating around for 1980+ MFG jeeps

Now thats got me curious to verify my mj is still as it was when it left the factory!