Leaky clutch master cylinder!

I can hit down on the MC and I can hit the front of it, thats it. I'm not sure I fully understand what you're saying about the 2x4. Are you saying to put the 2x4 under the MC and then hit the 2x4? If so, how would I get leverage on the 2x4? Pardon my ignorance! :shake:

Matt

Oh, and yes, the pedal rod is disconnected, lol.

Matt

Just checking ;)

You can place the 2x from the side, it would be better to hit the MC from the side, you know, left or right side, than to hit it down, that will kind of "rock" it off the firewall.

I know your having problems with this, I've read your other posts, it's just that most of us that have pull one off, never had this kind of trouble, and some times you just need the little extra "hit" to break that seal that developed.

You could also try to get a pry bar behind it, on the fire wall, and pop it off that way too.

i just read the first page. i don't feel like reading the rest haha but i did this swap in about 30 minutes a few months ago. the clutch master cylinder is a douche to get out. i took off my washer fluid reservoir (2 screws) and then just fenangled it out of there. just be very carefull not to bend or break anything and keep a set of swivvle sockets close by. :cheers:

ps getting the new one back in is just as annoying and much easier with two people (one in the cab sighting it in and one pushing it in through the outside)

Yeah, I removed the washer tank too, gave me a little more room to work, but not much. Thats what I'm afraid will happen, something wil break or bend on me. Yeah, I'll definately need some help getting the new one on and bled (assuming I can get the POS old one off!). :headpop:

Matt

no camera on the cell phone?

Yeah, there is one, but I've never actully used it, lol. Plus I don't know how to load pictures from the phone to the computer. Not a huge deal, I'll get the camera back tonight.

Well, after alot of cussing, and frustration, I FINALLY got the clutch master cylinder off! I think I may put some POR around the opening in the firewall just in case the new one leaks down the road.

Matt

and to get the new master cylinder on i do recall slightly bending the line that connects to it. i did this because i had an aftermarket master cylinder from o'rieleys (sp) . My truck is my DD and It doesnt like to start in gear so i didnt have much of an option aside from changing it right now and o'reileys can have me a part by 2 pm if i tell them before like 11 am :thumbsup: