How *low* will this go?

I'm sure this has been posted here before,

it started at $11,999:

(Google Cache: http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:ktL ... clnk&gl=us )

1986 Jeep Comanche - $11,995

* Concord, MA

* Dealer: Concord Auto Sales and Service

* Call: 866-494-1524

Concord Auto Sales and Service

By Phone

866-494-1524

* Mileage: N/A

* Body Style: Regular Cab

* Exterior Color: Steel Blue

* Interior Color: Gray

* Stock #: 4937

* VIN:

1JTWL6518GT133375

* Engine: 2.8L V6

* Transmission: MANUAL 4SPD

* Drivetrain: 4X4

* Doors: 2

* Wheelbase: 119 Inches

Features

Options Included: AM/FM Stereo, Cassette Player, Air Conditioning, Bucket Seats, Center Arm Rest, Vinyl Seats, Alloy Wheels, Console, Cup Holders, Trip Odometer, Clock, Step Bumper, Power Steering, Power Brakes, 4 Wheel Drive

Standard Equipment: N/A

\

Seller’s Notes

CHECK OUT THIS COLLECTORS CLASSIC WE JUST COMPLETLY FULLY RESTORED IT TO NEW INSIDE AND OUT ! * AUTOMATIC

It's been relisted on Craigs list here a couple dozen times since then, price dropping gradually.

Now it's DOWN to JUST $7995. :rotfl2:

http://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/ctd/1603687329.html

1986 Jeep Comanche 4X4 Show Truck - $7995 (Concord)

Date: 2010-02-16, 2:50PM EST

Concord Auto Sales and Service

135 Commonwealth Avenue Concord

1986 Jeep Comanche 4WD Truck

Scroll down for more photos

1986Jeep

Comanche

Rare truck 4WD

FISHER PLOW AVAILABLE * CHECK OUT THIS COLLECTORS CLASSIC WE JUST COMPLETLY RESTORED IT TO LIKE NEW INSIDE AND OUT ! * AUTOMATIC * 4x4

Engine: 4.0liters,I6 Transmission: Automatic Miles: 1

Interior Color: GRAY Exterior Color: STEEL BLUE Price

Stock Number 4937 Vin: 1JTWL6518GT133375

Options

# Air Conditioning

# AM/FM Stereo

# Alloy Wheels

# Bucket Seats

# Center Arm Rest

# Clock

# Console

# Cassette Player

# 4 Wheel Drive

# Power Brakes

# Power Steering

# Trip Odometer

# Vinyl Seats

# Cup Holders

# Step Bumper

I think everyone here has seen this MJ by now,

if you haven't, check out the pics in the CL ad, and here:

http://dealers.autouplinkusa.com/v/?obj ... lerId=7096

VIN (1JTWL6518GT133375) decodes to: 2.8L 5spd part time 4wd, base Comanche

My thoughts (sorry for the critical ones if the owner posts here):

Obviously the paint & body look amazing in the pics jamminz.gif

You can't 'RESTORE' an 1986' 2.8L/5spd Comanche by swapping in a Renix4.0L/Automatic. :no:

(they claim it is a 4.0L, and you can see the reflection of the engine in the hood shot)

Restified, modified, improved, whatever, but not RESTORED.

The AMC Bed mat, and headliner are dead sexy. :yes:

They installed a 4.0L with AC in an 86', but kept the roll up windows, and used a no-gauge gauge set instead of even the 1/2 cluster.

Where's the 'Power/Comfort' switch for the tranny?

The new whitish-grey rug looks out of place with the black dash/console & grey seats (was this a factory setup? I do like the black dash :yes: )

No mention of an M20, or D44 rear.

That visor thing really needs to go.

So,

will this ever sell?

and what do you think it's really worth?

I've actually seen this truck in person not too long ago. It was at Southern auto auction in East Windsor CT, and right away it caught my eye. (It was the only Comanche I've ever seen there) After checking it out closer, however, I noticed something strange. The auction had placed a sticker across the windshield stating that it could not be sold, due to a VIN discrepancy. I thought that was interesting due to the fact that I had never seen that sticker before on the 1000's of cars there weekly. I actually took cell phone pics with the intention of starting a thread on here about this truck, but must have deleted them :dunno: Anyways, it was very clean in person, and looked very good, but the auction must have dug up something about this trucks past that isnt clear here. Not to mention the price seems a little steep...........

I've actually seen this truck in person not too long ago. It was at Southern auto auction in East Windsor CT, and right away it caught my eye. (It was the only Comanche I've ever seen there) After checking it out closer, however, I noticed something strange. The auction had placed a sticker across the windshield stating that it could not be sold, due to a VIN discrepancy. I thought that was interesting due to the fact that I had never seen that sticker before on the 1000's of cars there weekly. I actually took cell phone pics with the intention of starting a thread on here about this truck, but must have deleted them :dunno: Anyways, it was very clean in person, and looked very good, but the auction must have dug up something about this trucks past that isnt clear here. Not to mention the price seems a little steep...........

Wow, that's interesting.

I would give them some benefit of the doubt,

but it is a 4.0L auto, and the VIN would make it a 2.8L 5spd.

It shouldn't be too hard to figure out if it did start as a 2.8L 5spd by looking at it.

(clutch master hole in dash, wiring harness holes in the dash, front radiator support, even the way the ft fenders bolt to the header should be different from an 86' 2.8L to the 87+ 4.0L).

Swapping an 86' VIN onto an 87+ MJ would be tough to get away with (and crazy to try in a top dollar vehicle), so, without having seen it in person, I'd still lean towards this being a Legit 86' that had a drivetrain swap.

Though it is somewhat suspicious that they never mention the engine/tranny swap in any of the ad's.

They also went out of their way to NOT show the engine in the pictures (showing a shot of the inside of the hood, but not the engine itself seems strange to me).

Luckily, the inside of the hood is shiny enough that you can see the reflection of the 4.0L valve cover, air box, Renix coolant tank, and other stuff.

Luckily, the inside of the hood is shiny enough that you can see the reflection of the 4.0L valve cover, air box, Renix coolant tank, and other stuff.

The pic is actually amazing,

I wonder if they did it to show the 4.0L, without actually showing what could be a less than perfect swap job.

(pic cropped, reversed, and flipped over by me:)

Those don't look like the factory 4.0L heater hoses, or puke tank.

The reflection is so good, you can ever read 'Interstate' on the battery, and see the warning stickers on both fan shrouds. :yes:

Obviously it has the 4.0L hood latch in front too.

I still vote it's legitimately an 86', with a 4.0L swapped in. :dunno:

Original pic is here: http://i.aultec.com/v/7096/Originals/1J ... 337506.jpg