need more help deciding

SaharaTJ

Ok I Need to decided what to get for my tj. It Has come the time to spend some money on doing something to the tj. I came across some extra cash so I have decided that its time to up my tj a bit. my options are either buying a DIY stroker kit or an ARB for my 30. I can't make up my mind on what to do. I would like the extra traction to my d30, on the other hand my engine has a small oil leak and in doing the stroker i could fix that and it would add more power. I can't make up my mind. I might be able to squeeze both if i buy this arb off my buddy. But should i invest in the stroker or the locker?

A small oil leak will just keep your engine bay and undercarriage rust free. :jump: :teehee:

Ya also makes me PO cuz there is oil puddle in my garage. I did some research and I could do the stroker kit for about 600 bucks!

where's the leak? Rear main, valve cover?

I'd fix the leak on the exising engine and get a front ARB. a locker will get you more places than more power. I seem to wheel just fine with my 260K renix ;)

I've got a locker in the rear and i got claws there isn't much that has stoped me except rocks which i just done like goin on i do but don't go all out. i've got 2 leaks one in the valve cover and then someone else that i can't find near the tranny cuz i keep getting oil on it. But i think my buddy has his arb and 4.88 for a 30 for cheap so i may end up getting both and spend about a grand in total for the parts for the stroker, arb, compressor and a few small odds and ins

A small oil leak will just keep your engine bay and undercarriage rust free. :jump: :teehee:

OH and you must have never spent a winter in STL area. My quick disconnects rusted over just from like the actual 4 days of snow and road salt we saw last winter, and My tj is canadian born so it spent atleast a couple years there till i bought it in the states. my jeep has alot of rusted stuff but it doesn't bother me - gave me a reason to buy a compressor.