SVO vs #2 diesel emissions:

Sir Sam

For you SVO fans out there I thought you might find this interesting:

mode2.jpg

mode3.jpg

mode5.jpg

Modes 2, 3, and 5 were all lower(as pictured). Modes 1 and 11 are mixed bags, with some species being lower than others. Modes 6, 7 and 8 were all higher, by about as much as 2,3 and 5 were lower. I don't have the particulate data right now.

Next up in our calibration is a timing sweep to investigate the differences fuel consumption and 5 gas emissions at mode 3. Even though the emissions are better on SVO for mode 3(mode 3 = 2400 rpm 50% load) the fuel consumption is drastically increased.

SVO = straight vegetable oil

I am confused by your terminology. What do gas emissions have to do with these tests? All I see are diesel and SVO tests, not gas. :hmm:

Willy

5 gas just refers to the types of emissions gasses measured.

o2 = Oxygen

CO = Carbon Monoxide

CO2 = Carbon Dioxide

HC = Hydrocarbons

NO = Oxides of Nitrogen

Rob L.

Yup, you guys got it.

We are working on a calibration for a JD4045 engine, in addition to the 5 gas we also have PM(Particulate matter) data as well. Right now we are preparing a timing sweep to address our worst fuel consumption point, once we get a feel for how to affect that we will go onto our 5 gas testing for that data.

We try and prepare everything carefully before doing the 5 gas testing, it costs $1600 a day(8hrs) to do.