Helping out pays off!!!

ParadiseMJ

Went to AutoZone today to pick up a part...there was a lady there with a nice stocker MJ at the counter asking the kid why she didn't have any heat...I recognized her because she owns a little bar & grill up where we go wheeling all the time.

He said "you need a new heater core and a heater control valve". Tried to sell her a core, coolant, hoses, hose clamps and said "Oh yeah, changing a heater core in those Jeeps is easy". Shameless. She said it wasn't leaking or using any coolant.

I went out to the parking lot with her and asked her to fire it up, turn on the heater...only air out the defrost so we looked over the vac lines and sure enough the HVAC line was cut/broken. Went in and asked the kid for a 1" piece of vac line. Spliced them together, ba-da-bing, full on heat thru all the vents.

She told me that drinks were on the house the next time we're up there. We're there alot.

Thats great! I love to see when frickin douchbags like the stupid parts guy are proven wrong. Keep up the good work!

When I was doing Jakeman's front axle and trans service with him, I told him what we needed, and we went to the Advance auto... To be greeted by a "Know it all" that proceeded to tell us that the water in the Peugot meant the radiator had a leak into the trans cooler (Even after I argued the fact that its a stick). Also tried telling me to have him do a tune up because "those jeeps" have a problem with bad plugs frying the ECM. :nuts: I was so pissed. He could even get the name "Comanche" right... Kept calling it a "Commander", and was spewing out all this crap advice... If you don't know what your talking about, don't try preaching it to someone who's been balls deep in jeep stuff since I was 14.

Needless to say I called back the next day and asked for him, and then asked for a thermostat for a '66 VW beetle, and a alternator for a '96 Jeep Wrangler. :rotf:

I had that boy stumped.

Rob L. :D

Thats great! I love to see when frickin douchbags like the stupid parts guy are proven wrong. Keep up the good work!

When I was doing Jakeman's front axle and trans service with him, I told him what we needed, and we went to the Advance auto... To be greeted by a "Know it all" that proceeded to tell us that the water in the Peugot meant the radiator had a leak into the trans cooler (Even after I argued the fact that its a stick). Also tried telling me to have him do a tune up because "those jeeps" have a problem with bad plugs frying the ECM. :nuts: I was so pissed. He could even get the name "Comanche" right... Kept calling it a "Commander", and was spewing out all this crap advice... If you don't know what your talking about, don't try preaching it to someone who's been balls deep in jeep stuff since I was 14.

Needless to say I called back the next day and asked for him, and then asked for a thermostat for a '66 VW beetle, and a alternator for a '96 Jeep Wrangler. :rotf:

I had that boy stumped.

Rob L. :D

:clapping:

x2 :clapping:

I love when they tell you that there is no such part, because "it isn't in the system." Especially if I am holding such said part. :chillin:

Good on you paradisemj...it's nice to be able to help someone with some of the things that stumped us all when we were new to jeeps. :)