Tail light problems keeping me off the road!!

Got tons of work done to make this rust free beast streetable BUT I can't figure out the tailights.

=====================================================

Currently:

turn vehicle 'on', pull lamp switch - headlights come on, DS TL comes on (but it's the brake filament illuminates), PS TL off

Got underneath and jiggled the wires and the PS came on and DS went off... let go went back to previous statement.

right turn works, left turn works

Brake light doesn't apparently (but the brake filament is already on, so I can't tell.

Got underneath and jiggled the wires and the PS came on and DS went off... let go went back to previous statement.

==========================================

I'm thinking I need a full rebuild of the tail light wiring? but where do I start... I have never messed with electrical

There is a connector about above the rear axle on drivers side. Disconnect there and probe with a circuit tester to see if elec is present when ligts are on, when brake is depressed, and when turn signal are operating. Shoot some contact cleaner in the holes to clean it up a bit. If there is no elec present the problem is up front somewhere. If you have elec there then more than likely the problem is in the rear section of wiring. Start by checking the ground behind the DS tailight (remove light to get to it). Sometimes that screw gets rusted up or the wire breaks and loses ground capability. If its good then start looking for shorts in the rest of that section of wiring between the two lights. Good luck. By the way, where were you wiggling the wires, front or back end?

:agree:

Also.....check the bulbs in the rear tail lights, they could be installed wrong in the sockets, and make sure there 1157 bulbs.

Other wise, you'll need to re-wire the rear harness, it's not that hard to do, and the OEM crimps on the wires go bad, and cause problems. That harness can be pulled out, and done on a workbench.