Manually adjusting 97+ power mirrors....

I want late model 'heated' mirrors in my 'Grandpa Jeep' 89' MJ.

But I really don't want the power function.

I noticed that before I connected the power function on the 01' mirrors on another MJ, they functioned pretty well manually

(you could push the mirror part to adjust them).

Has anyone used their power mirrors in this way (manually) for an extended amount of time?

Have they held up to being adjusted/pushed around like this?

I've never had a set of 97-01 Manual mirrors, so I don't know how the action of adjusting them compares with manually adjusting the power type.

Right now I'm trying to choose between just getting the manual set, and forgoing the defrost option,

or putting in the power/heated type, connecting ONLY the heater, and adjusting them manually.

:dunno:

I put them on my 86 and didn't hook them up. They have worked just fine using them manually. Have been on there over a year. :thumbsup:

:cheers:

:thumbsup:

I'm 6'1", and my GF is 5'2", so they will definitely get adjusted,

glad to see your's holding up well for this long.

I'd really rather not cut in a late model power mirror adjusting switch in the otherwise nice/boring/stock 89' interior.

An XJ defroster switch to control the heat would not look out of place on the dash tho,

and flicking a switch beats stopping to scrape mirrors in a snow storm :yes:

I put them on my 86 and didn't hook them up. They have worked just fine using them manually. Have been on there over a year. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

I'm 6'1", and my GF is 5'2", so they will definitely get adjusted,

glad to see your's holding up well for this long.

I'd really rather not cut in a late model power mirror adjusting switch in the otherwise nice/boring/stock 89' interior.

An XJ defroster switch to control the heat would not look out of place on the dash tho,

and flicking a switch beats stopping to scrape mirrors in a snow storm :yes:

For the 88 I hooked them up. Made a pigtail from the new hareness to the old and will use the old switch that goes in the center console. Wiring "how to" can be found here. If I had got the ones that were heated, the plan was to put it in the rear defrost switch or rear wiper switch location since my dash harness is from an XJ and has the wiring there that I could tap in to.