since when is the 4.0 a diesel?

right now I'm getting 25-30 psi at the fuel rail when i crank it over but without engine actually starting id i crank for more then 10 seconds pressure drops to around 20 psi its a 1988 4.0 w/ 80,000 miles in a 1990 chassis

well i think we might have found the problem. if you are ever getting 10 less then what you should be getting then there is either a problem with your fuel pump or the fpr.

Alex

well i got the fuel pressure where i want it now, theres a resistor over by the egr solenoid that was causing a problem, not sure y but when i checked it with a multimeter it is still was at 2.5olms it should be at 2.25 but i don't think that will make a difference. i just by passed it for now. should i definetly replace it or is it ok to leave it with no resistor?

anyway it still runs like garbage, just for a longer time but it does stall after a few seconds usually. I'm gonna put on the exhaust and the o2 sensor tomorrow and see what difference that makes. its running real rich spark plugs were black and wet.

o yeah compression is a litttle above 125psi is that where it should be?