wtb: RI: speedo gear for 87 4.0 aw-4 np231 w/235/75/15 tires

WBKrazy

Which one do you need a 34 or 35? I might have one.

are you referring to the number of teeth on the gear? i'm not sure, i'm swapping from a 2.5/ax-4 w/225/75/15 tires to a 4.0/aw-4/np231 and 235/75/15 tires, so i need whatever gear will work with that combo....

I think you need a 33, read below. I have never changed to the 33 to find out. My speedo is still reading slow. Check transmissioncenter.net, they have used ones. Don't remember the prices.

deziped wrote:

Finally, after procrastinating for a year, changed out the drive gear to see if my MPH will read correctly since I changed from 215 to 235-75's. When it read 25 I was doing 26.8 and at 65 I was actually doing about 7l. Will se if the change from a 35 to 34 tooth gear is gonna be close enuf. Will check it against the wifes caddy tomorrow on I-5 since were both going into town . If its within a mile of hers either way at 65 I'll be satisfied. Should help avoid getting speeding tickets I hope.

Going from 35 to 34 teeth is only a 2.8% change. That's only going to bring your speedo up from 65 to about 67 MPH. I think you need at least ("at most"?) a 33-tooth gear.