Rodchester for holley swap

Yea I know not a lot of 2.8 powered comanches,are wheeled or even kept, Most are broken down for usefull body parts & the inferiour drivelines junked so that trucks with the"greatest inline ever" can be kept.{whell maby not true but sometimes it seams so :ack: }Anyways while preping my truck for a trip to Roush creek I ran into a carb problem,Having three days to solve it seemed like a pice of cake!My fuel filter clogged so I removed it just so I could move the truck around in the yard{the rockchester has a filter rite were the fuel line enters the carb} I figured it was a good time to upgrade to an inline filter that would end up rite next to the brake mastercylinder on the fenderwell easy acess for service in the field.Any way soon after running the engine with no fuel filter the carb starts overflowing fuel rite out of the air cleaner,So I figure dirt in the needle&seat! No problem I teardown the carb leave it soakin' in the carb cleaner tank and order up a kit including a new float.Next day I pick up the kit install all the new parts on the kitchen table all clean,Well the first sign is the new float dosent fit! Oh well I'll just use the old one? So you know what soon as gas enters the carb splosh allover!{Yea I had that comin'}So no big deal still got another day{never went on a trip yet that I wasn't workin' on my junk till time to leave}So next day I chase alover SouthJersey for a new float!Bring it home toss it in crank it up & splosh gas all over so I pop the top off the rochester & have Johnny boy crank it while I hold the needle down with my finger I feel pressure but it dosen't by pass any fuel.So I lower the float all the way still splosh! So now late friday eve I have to make the dreaded phone calls notifing everybody I can't make my truck run! :mad: So after dreamin' all nite on what to do I came up with the only solution available: Install a holley 4bbl on my 2.8!!! :clapping:I'm

Well u could go with the Holley 4b but u will have to get both the intake pieces which is gona be about 200 or more + 300-400 for the carb + maby 50 or so for the air cleaner mods etc ..... or u could go with the weber kit which is a direct bolt on kit for i think last i checked 500 or so . just food for thought

here's the weber kit

http://www.redlineweber.com/html/kits/k490.htm

:dunno: Dude look at the pic's!I already made my own adapter out of a thick alum.plate,It runs great now!The carb is a sleved down 600=390cfm.I found it in the junk yard a couple of years ago,It was on an offenhauser "360" intake that fits a 2300cc ford 4cyl!I picked it up cause it looked cool the carb was spotless inside!all it needed was a new acelerator pump,and now my 2.8 runs great! :yes: