hey everyone

madhunter419

I'm new to this site so a little bit about me. i have a 1988 comanche with 31x10.50 tsl superswampers a full posie 3.73 rear end and an inline 6 4.0 with a 5 speed manual trans. 255,000 miles on her and shes my everyday driver lol ill post pics soon. -Derek-

Don't bother fixing your transmission.

You have the BA 10/5, which is junk to begin with. You'll need a 4wd transmission anyway for the 4wd swap, so don't dump any money into the one you have now beyond maybe changing the oil.

Also, if you can, don't get a 4wd BA 10/5. Get yourself an AX-15. :thumbsup:

welcome to the club :cheers: that is true about the ba10/5 (even had one longer than expected) anyway there are two types of AX-15 internal and external. both are great trannys. it is the internal slave cylinder that was an issue for me so i went with the external :brows: if you have to get one that is an internal go to the dealer and get the internal slave from them :brows: the aftermarket ones are suspect. there is one that is pretty good and one of the team members here may direct you or provide a link. the other option is to get the NV3550 :idea: .