Dragging another comanche home.....

GreenF350

So I mentioned to a friend a few weeks ago that I was looking for a decent bed for my Comanche. I figured he would be the one to talk to since he hauls junk cars to all the local yards. Well , I was right, because he called today and said he found me a whole truck, with a decent bed, for $300. The catch is that the cab caught fire and burned up the whole interior, wiring, etc. I guess the front clip is good, drivetrain is good, and the bed is good, plus a few other things. He thinks its a short bed, but Ill belive when I see it. I'm told its a 4x4, 4.0, 5spd etc. and has a factory rollbar. Now I know what your going to say......THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS! Well, your right, so Ill post them up when I pick it up Saturday. If he is wrong however, and it is a longbed.......well, Ill pretty much be pissed off. So my question is this, does the fact that it has a factory rollbar guarantee a SWB?

I thought so, but wasn't sure. Well looks like I will find out on Saturday. Either way, It sounds like a decent parts truck, not to mention it was headed for the scrap yard when my buddy found it. I was told I had until Saturday or it was gonna be crushed :ack: So even as a parts truck, I'm still sort of saving it

I'm only skeptical because I called the owner after I talked to my friend. He told me that hes pretty sure that jeep only made one size bed for these trucks :nuts: and without him being next to the truck, he couldnt measure the bed for me. It would be a let down because the bed is really what I'm after, but you are right, its worth it either way. Pics soon......

Eh, I wouldn't base anything off of that. People out there seem to get a lot of bogus information about these things, and stick with it.

I remember awhile ago someone on ebay was asking an arm and a leg for an 88 because it was 'the last year they made them'. Several people on here messaged him informing him he was wrong, but he didn't believe us.

Only the longbed was available in 86, but since it's a 4.0, it's not an 86 unless someone swapped it in.