rear shock issue

I just put on my new shocks the other day and they are pretty much maxed out. i checked the part number and they appear to be the correct shock. so i figured i would just raise the lower shock mount up as they do on the XJ's. only thing i am concerned about is the shock eye is turned 90 degrees from the stock configuration. i was looking at using (or

making) mounts like the JKS Rear Axle Shock Mount. any ideas if this will work ok?

like this

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.p ... hock+Mount

thanks

W

:Canadaflag:

Turning the eye shouldn't matter.

Can you not find the appropriate shock? I was getting Skyjacker Hydros and had to get the 5" lift shocks for my 2" lift. :nuts:

I just kept sending em back saying they didn't work. First tried 0-2", then 3-4", then 5". They don't know MJs for $#!&.

i have the skyjacker nitros.... supposed to be the right ones. i think it has something to do with the skyjacker kit for MJ's is a spring over arrangement, where mine is still spring under and therefore the shock mount is even lower. i figure i'll just fab up some brackets and weld them on. ill have more ground clearance and more travel too!

W

i have the skyjacker nitros.... supposed to be the right ones. i think it has something to do with the skyjacker kit for MJ's is a spring over arrangement, where mine is still spring under and therefore the shock mount is even lower. i figure i'll just fab up some brackets and weld them on. ill have more ground clearance and more travel too!

W

Spoken like a true Jeeper. :cheers: 8)