Removing Steering Column

Anyone have any better instructions for pulling my steering column out or even getting to ALL i mean ALL of the electrical guts to replace them. I have a huge wire issue on the inside of mine So its time to fix it before it starts a fire. Any help would be great.

Cole

These are just from memory as it's been a while since I pulled my column but I'll try to help:

-Remove the lower valance from the dash

-Remove two bolts attaching column to firewall

-Disconnect the steering coupler between steering box and column in engine bay

-Remove two bolts attaching column to dash mount (this should allow your column to droop far enough to disconnect the wiring)

-Pull column after disconnecting electrical

Note: If you have a column shifter, disconnect all of the associated linkages involved with it. I can't help you much with that, though.

Disconnect the steering coupler between steering box and column in engine bay

I seen the 2 metal rods that are for the key release and all but i don't know if this is where it goes or not. When i pulled the column out of a cherokee i just cut the rods cause i was in a hurry and know i am regretting it. I had tried to remove them but got tired of messing with it. I know they run up to the key but how can i get to them i tried to do it but the plastic that surounds the column wasnt coming off is there a trick to it. Hope this helps find my answer i don't think i was thorough enough with my initial question. Thanks

Cole