ax-15 clutch hose

I called the guys at AA, they have master cylinders without hoses, so it must be.

He's also got a comache, with an AX-5 and the 2.5 He said he's replaced his before. hopefully they're similar.

It's sweet having a parts guy with the same truck.

ok, so I DO have a removable hose down there. The problem is that I don't know which one I need. I'm so frigging confused right now.

I have an 87, which originally had a BA-10, but now it's got an AX-15. Unfortunately I didn't do the swap, so I don't know which parts are from the AX-15 and which came from the BA-10.

I took a picture of the hose as it went into the slave cylinder.

http://flickr.com/photos/74249553@N00/59180049/

If someone could help me find the right part number or tell me which hose I need I would appreciate it. I'm thinking that it's using the BA-10 hose, and that there's an adapter to make it work. That's what I've got in the photo. Man,I'll be glad once I learn the ins and outs of this truck and can stop asking dumb questions.

First off- spray down all of your fittings with PB Blaster ASAP. If you break off the fitting on the throwout bearing side, you will either have to pull the tranny or use your mAd sKiLlZ at reflaring the line.

Now, that looks like a simple union for a flare fitting. If you have something else to drive, take the line off, and take it to your parts store. (Go to one of the smaller, non chain style ones, unless you have a guy you trust at one of the chains) I don't have any links right now to AX15 or BA Hydro release bearing hoses, but even if I did, your best bet would be to match it up to one before you buy it.

took the hose off last night, I did booger up one of the flares, but no biggie, I've got dad's flaring set to fix it. Went to the local Napa, they'll have my hose in tomorrow morning, $18. not bad. just gotta get the right fluid and I'll be set. I borrowed a vacuum bleeder kit, so hopefully I won't have to involve the woman in bleeding the clutch. I'd hate to have to yell at her on our anniversary cause she let the clutch out too soon.

So, I got the new hose. It's definitly a better match than the hose I had. PO must have just used the BA-10 hose. I'll post a picture of them side by side so you all can see the difference.

I read somewhere that they have a clutch fluid for this thing? The FSM for an 88 says there is a different PN for the clutch fluid. Should I just fill it full of DOT-3 brake fluid?