taking off mj doors

iv herd of people modifying the hinges on their doors so that thay can slide on and off like wrangler doors. does anybody have any information on that.

thanks rob.

Just a couple of pointers:

--If you can cut the lower third of the hinge off while the door is still mounted so you don't have to realign it later

--Next if you can't because lack of a good cutting tool that will fit in the whole (like me) use this to remove door hinge from the door side.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Hand+Tools%2C+General+Purpose&pid=00999397000&vertical=TOOL&subcat=Screwdrivers&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

---Buy new hinge pins cause the old ones are to long you want one (perferably the top one) Shorter than the other so it lines up and falls together easier i bought 1.5" pins cause if they are to long you can't get it to go on.

---make sure all the hinge bolts are tight as posible

If you have any issues or questions let me know and ill try to help out. here are a few pics of the MJ without the doors just to let you know how it turns out.http://comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1217

I used that tool with the door open no fender removal just pick up that tool for 10 bucks and the correct torq that fits in a screwdriver (that is what that tool uses screwdriver bits). I think its a t-40 but double check. Do NOT buy cheap torq they will break and just cause more issues. Also make sure the bit is seated completely in the bolt head as to not strip the insides. The reason this tool is needed is a standard ratchet and torq will not go in that small area at the hinge. Sorry for the slow reply havent had computer access in a couple days. Let me know if you need more info.

Cole