Pass. side rear brake missing. HELP

My current Comanche has had braking problems since day 1 (a week or 2 ago). Replaced the master cylinder and noticed brake fluid pouring out of the pass side drum. I took the drum off to find a wheel cylinder, a spring, and some cobwebs. Any tips on putting them back together? Parts store only has parts parts for that side (which is good) but all I have to go by for reassambly is the driver's side, are there any differences? Ideas why it was like that in the first place?

:agree:

X2

Everything should be a mirror image... and in my opinion, if you are replacing brakes, you should do both sides on that axle to prevent a variance in braking power. Basically, do brakes an axle at a time.

Rob L.

Always do both sides at the same time. But I suck at drums and the whole not having parts (other than shoes) for the driver's side had me worried a little. I'm headed to Pull A Part now to get a brake bar because it's a dealer only item. Thanks for the help.

Well my GF did it because I suck at drums. Didn't see that coming. Got the brackets I didn't have from Pull A Part, BTW their prices went up. The adjuster for the drivers side will be in tomorrow so we can finish it up. She said she's gonna do it while I'm at work lol. Maybe she'll be back on the trail tomorrow.