Jump to content

89 4X4

Recommended Posts

Yes you can use the transmission and transfer case. You will have to use the flex plate and CPS that came in your vehicle, because the teeth are different between the Renix and HO flex plates, and the CPS is a different type.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes, you can use the trans AND t-case from the 89, However, you will need to use the flex plate for the 91. The CPS between the renix and HO engines are different, and it will send the wrong signal to the ECU to fire the injectors.

The only difference in the trans itself is in the output shaft, but if you have a matching case, you're good to go.

The only other thing is the 89 may have a vacume switch on it for the front disconnect axle, but just ignore it and you'll be fine ;)


(eagle beat me to it...lol)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...