Link Building

I just read this interesting article over on PBB and I am providing a link for those who are lazy. Pretty informative, and should answer your questions on "is this to big, or strong enough for my junk"

http://pirate4x4.com/articles/tech/billavista/Links

he rules out square and rectangular tubing from the start, a big mistake IMO. when the direction of impact is predictable, as it is with a lower link, you can have a much stronger (pound for pound) link using square or rectangular tubing. And convienently it's pretty cheap too.

I myself was thinking of using square tubing for my lower links. I've seen it done numerous times, and was even told to use it by Rob "Rye guy" Bryce (who had a really awesome MJ) as he used it on a 4 link rear design he did on a Nissan... He said it was very strong and really cheap compared to the round tubing

I was going to use it on its side so to speak, so that the corner is facing down, kinda of like a diamond.. THis would provide more strength when I drop donw on to a rock or log..

But one question... They mention using programs such as winmiter to help create the notches in round tube... Does anyone know of a program that works with square or rect. tubing to either round or square tubing?..

Thanks,

Ryan