Bed/box question

Hey everyone, I'm still new to my mj and I have a question about the bed. Mine is all dented and rust has taken it's toll so I've been on the lookout for a new bed, but I noticed something...now I just glanced at it really quick as I drove by, but it looked to me that the first and second generation Dakota have the same tailights as the mj, so could a Dakota bed fit on my 88 pioneer longbed?

There have been several threads on here about bed swaps. If you do a search you will find lots of good info. Do you have a short bed or long bed? For the short beds I have seen that 93 up Ford rangers will fit pretty close with some mods to bolt it down. I have no idea about the long beds though. If yours is a long bed, it might be time to take a trip to the local junkyard with a tape measure and a not pad. You caould also post a wanted to buy thread in our classifieds, Good Luck!

I really don't want to swap beds, I would like to get a Comanche bed if at all possible, I just thought being a dodge with similar looking tailights it would be a direct bolt in. Anyway all the junkyards around me don't have Comanches with good beds. I'll take some pictures to post tomorrow to see everyones opinion to see if mine is worth repairing...I want to make it a mall crawler show truck so it needs too look almost flawless when I am done with it.