TJ front axle in MJ

It will bolt in, no problem. but all TJ's are lo-pinion. Not quite as strong or as good drive-shaft clearance as the HI-Pinion.

CW

I think the Rubi's had a HP D30. Or were they not available in 2000?

It will bolt in, no problem. but all TJ's are lo-pinion. Not quite as strong or as good drive-shaft clearance as the HI-Pinion.

CW

I think the Rubi's had a HP D30. Or were they not available in 2000?

Rubicons have D44s front and back... I'm thinking you know this and just miss typed.

nope, all the 97 and newer wranglers all have a LP front axle. They will however all bolt in a Comanche, I wouldn't worry about them being weak. I wheeled the piss out of my TJ and only ever broke a few u-joints. What you want to look for is an axle from a XJ Cherokee, those will be a high pinion D30... Actually i'm thinking the last years of the cherokee used low pinion D30's, like 2000 and 2001.

I have one from a 97 TJ in mine. Bolts right in. I did however buy some CAM bolts for the lower control arms, that I still need to install. Someday I would like to put in a Dana 44 out of a Rubicon.

I'm thinking one of the Wrangler family has a HP D30. Dunno. :dunno:

I believe the YJ Wranglers had high pinion D30s, but they were leaf spring so hardly a bolt-in replacement. And they had the vacuum disconnect, with a housing that was different from that on the XJ/MJ disconnect, so I don't think it would be easy to fabricate control arm mounts. Not a good choice.

nope, all the 97 and newer wranglers all have a LP front axle. They will however all bolt in a Comanche, I wouldn't worry about them being weak. I wheeled the piss out of my TJ and only ever broke a few u-joints. What you want to look for is an axle from a XJ Cherokee, those will be a high pinion D30... Actually I'm thinking the last years of the Cherokee used low pinion D30's, like 2000 and 2001.

Cocco78, I wouldn't and didn't say it was weak, just not as strong as the HI-pinion, rev rotation version found in all 4WD XJ/MJ's. Of those the solid/one piece/non disco axle, W/297 joints is the most desirable:D BTW, I too wheeled the piss out of the one in my 99TJ with 35's and a locker with ZERO issues!!

My point to the O.P. was, just keep looking till you find a HI-Pinion non-disco axle. There is many many out there. BTW, Hi neighbor!! :waving: Where in Connecticut are you? Meriden here.

CW

In your search, since you mentioned brakes, you will need to keep in mind that there are different permutations and combinations of steering knuckles, hubs, rotors and calipers. They do NOT all interchange -- you cannot mix and match parts from different years on the same axle. I have posted the specific a few times. If you can't find it using search, I can post it again in this thread.

What's the project? Are you converting something, or replacing a busted axle?