Fuel Pump and Line question

I am working on swapping everything from a 97 Cherokee into my 88 Comanche. I have most of it set up, but have a few questions about the fuel lines and pump wiring.

I have read that I can use the pump from the 88 and splice the wiring. Does anyone know which wires get spliced together?

For the fuel lines I have read that I can use the fuel line from a HO motor to connect from the pump to the fuel rail. Are there any other changes that need to be made to work with the one line fuel system? I know that the fuel guage will not work correctly until I get a newer sender unit, but this is fine, I just want to get it up and running.

Does anyone have any information about this, I have seen several methods mentioned in build threds but no details.

I have a fuel line from a 92 that I can hook up but i am not sure about the fuel pressure regulator.

You shouldn't need to splice anything. Your 88 pump should work fine.

I believe that the 97 system doesn't use a return line. That may be something you'll have to deal with.

And yes, you'll need an elusive 91-92 MJ sending unit for your gauge to read correctly.