XJ E-Brake conversion

First I tried the search, can't seem to find what I want.

I have the interior out of Mary Jane, getting ready to put it all back together, but first I want to convert from the foot E-Brake to the XJ style between the seats. Does anybody know who on this forum has done this conversion already?

I know I seen it on here somewhere. :dunno:

Short of getting these parts from a MJ I'm wanting to do the conversion with parts from one of my XJs 85? 2dr and 89 4dr.

I found the conversion done by shelbyluvv on "Project Onyx". Page four viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11834&start=45That was done with a 97 up E-brake assy.

Has anybody seen this conversion done with the earlier style E-brake? I guess for the time being I'm just going to cut the hole in the floor, hook the cable up later. This way I can get my interior back in. :thumbsup:

Do what ever you find easier.

Cutting and adding the earlier shifter is pretty easy to do. You'll have to source a way to connect he brake lever to the two e-brake cables. Bo (Shelby) used a stock MJ cable to do it.

Think I got it figured out. As stated before , I'm going to get the lever installed, then all I need is a solid link between the end of the rod where the old XJ cables used to hookup then to where the MJ cables come together.. Really basically just lengthening the pull rod.