new guy lookin for suggestions on a resto/ mod

yo guys wutup, i'm dave chino and i got my 87 pioneer just afer this past christmas and started a resto/maybe extreme mod project. the day i got it a took intake, vavle cover, head, all exhaust, throttle body, and soaked anything that was gummed and cleaned all parts like new. i did a LITTLE port and polish to clean up the intake and ex ports for a smig of better flow. and put it all back together a few weeks ago. sounds great for 265K stock size exhaust with gutted cat and muff and i dumped pass side just inside front leaf mount. i found a little hesitation at 1st gas and drive and reverse are a little funny it takes around 3000 rpm to move eventhough 1st 2nd and 3rd work fine.4 wheel works great. needs ujoints and paint and floors and seats. butt it is a project truck. any ideas and functional suggestions would be appreciated

Well welcome to the club. What kind of truck are you wanting to have a DD or trail rig? IMHO i would get it running the best it can then start on the looks and mod as you see fit from there. Do what your paycheck can handel.

thanks bro, the paycheck can't handle much its bin about 5 months already butt i have big plans for it. i was thinkin a rustys 8 inch and 35's, i have an 86 4.0 short block with 115k, i was thinkin about a stroker and nv4500 for that, or a tbi small block and turbo 400. iv bin trying to find some cheap dana 44 butt there not too cheap. i recently baught a 115v mig so i'll be doin some body mod when i get the floors and sheet metal i need. ihave a 94 xj that i can get anything i need off of butt the guy is a ways away and i have no other vehicle and no license.

:agree: Half the stuff dosent fit right and you have to mod it to fit. If you go with a V8 swap try to get everthing lined up and do some research and make a list of everything your going to need and check it twice. I'm doing an LS1 swap now and I'm finding more crap to get almost every day. Only because i didnt do enough research first. Good luck with it and enjoy doing it.