Mystery Plug

Anybody know what either of these are? :dunno: The engine is an 87' 2.5 TBI w/ 4-speed manual 2wd. I looked in the electrical manual and couldnt find an answer. I thought the square one was the tps connection but it looks like that is plugged in and I was wrong :no: Between the air conditioning and all the things that arent even plugged in, I think the manche has about 100 lbs. of wire and line that arent being used...weird.

The first one looks like it might be the second plug for the tps (which would only be used it you were running an automatic)

The second on looks like a pressure sender plug? appears to be a two wire though...not exactly sure. Heck, it could even be an oxygen sensor or something.

first one is indeed the auto harness pigtail for the CPS for the automatic

second one is for the pressure switch on the power steering pump......it bumps the idle up slightly when you turn the wheel while stationary. The switch it connects to should be on the output line of the pump, above and slightly behind it.

Jeff

The second one could also be the connector for the AC pressure switch, it is the same as the one for the power steering, just different colored wires. But I just realized, the AC one wasnt in my truck until I hooked up the unused flat 4 wire connector on the driver side wheel well next to the washer bottle. I brought that connector over from the donor truck, thats when I found the one for the power steering half burned up from sitting on the exhaust manifold. Same style connector though!

...good to know. I am replacing my power steering pressure hose and lines tonite so I will check to see if one is plugged in. I am tearing the ac out of the manch so if it ends up being that it will go in the trash.