The Clock

I'm wondering if anyone has come up with any cool "mods" for the clock spot. Unless I'm missing something, its pretty much a big waste of space - I don't need the clock since I have one on my stereo. I saw the post on the Projects forum about the Thermostat put in there, that was pretty cool - but I'm curious if anyone has attempted to seriously bling out that spot.

I've been trying to think of stuff, but I'm coming up short. Maybe a digital Inclinometer, or compass. What I'd love to have in there is a portable media device with a big hard drive that I could plug my camera's memory cards into to unload pictures. But it would probably be more practical to get a portable media device, or a laptop:P

We'll let the Low Voltage Doctor Handel this one :D

Low Voltage my @$$. I like the HV stuff better. :D Moving on, because of the lack of depth behind the clock, you're limited as to what will fit in there. One thing I've thought about is gutting out the clock guts and mounting a row of matching rectangular panel mount mini digital gauges in the face plate to make them look nice and semi-factory. Like maybe an A/F meter, tranny temp gauge, ambient temp gauge, oil temp gauge, or whatever. This is an ambient temp gauge (not thermostat) fitted in while retaining the clock.

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=5621

Or you could fit the Sentinel panel in.......

xjdashsystemsentry.jpg

I think i have one of those sentinels sitting in a box at ma's. Anyone ever seen one in action? I would imagine it would be a pain in the @$$ to wire and plumb all of that crap... Wagoneer (XJ) orginal stuff correct? Rob L.

Correct. I had one too and after trying to find all the non-existent float switches it requires, I gave up on it.

We'll let the Low Voltage Doctor Handel this one :D

Low Voltage my @$$. I like the HV stuff better. :D

Ah......your just being modest :D

You love this Low Volt DC stuff better than any one else on this board :bowdown:

:teehee: