Install A/C in my 88 LWB

Nah just a personal preference.

It can be done, but it's not easy. You obviously need the AC compressor and condensor, but there's a bunch of stuff behind the dash that needs to be swapped too. If you can find a complete donor vehicle, I'd say go for it, but otherwise, IMO, it's too much hassle.

I'm working on this project myself. Youll need the braketry to mount the compressor and remount the alternator, all the high and low pressure lines, receiver dryer, condensor, the compressor itself, the HVAC housing assembly including the metering block. You will have to pull the dashboard completely out and the old heater housing assy, and replace it with the HVAC housing assy. In mine, all the wiring was already in the truck, just unused, there is a connector for the whole assy behind the radio. after mounting everything up, youll need to find the wiring under the hood for the compressor and the low pressure swith and wire them up. then have the system vacuumed real good, before charging with the correct amout of R134a refrigerant and the proper amount of refrigerant oil. Oh yeah and did I meantion youll need a kit to convert everything over to R134a refrigerant, which is no big deal, just a couple of adapters. You should also make sure you get a NEW receiver dryer if you are stealing parts from a donor. Not difficult, just time consuming. Good luck!