Valve Cover Gasket Problem?

Finally got some nice weather here in Colorado and have started my valve cover gasket change out to fix an oil leak.

Getting the cover off was pretty straight forward but during cleaning of the cover I think I did something that I should not have done.

Inside the cover are two what I call “vent pipes” that are part of the emission control system. During cleaning I decided to take one of the “vent pipes” off to start cleaning since it had three bolts holding it on. On the inside appears to be a “flow limiting device” that I thought was metal. As I tried to separate the device from the valve cover it started to break apart as can be seen in the photo below.

What do I do? Can someone tell me what this device is and can it be purchased as a local parts store?

Thanks...John

My_Valve_Cover.JPG

Those are gaskets that fit on both sides of the stainless baffle plate and usually break apart when you remove the towers. I ruined two of them, so I re-used the other two and lightly coated the other side of the plate with copper RTV. Worked fine.

Those are gaskets that fit on both sides of the stainless baffle plate and usually break apart when you remove the towers. I ruined two of them, so I re-used the other two and lightly coated the other side of the plate with copper RTV. Worked fine.

Me too, just put a little black RTV and put em back in.

Not sure I've seen a torque spec for those little screws. When I did mine I carefully swabbed the holes and screws with solvent (IPA), then installed them wet with blue loctite, and torqued them to approximately 20-25 inlbs (IN, not FT).