what air pressure would you run?

i have 225/75/16 load rated lt tires on the mj now. the max weight and cold psi is 65. i'm wondering what you guys would recommend for a pressure. i want to maintain the best mpg possible. i can add air when i'm going to haul, but the tires can handle way more than the truck ever could.

i'll mess around with them a bit to see what i like, but i'm hoping to get some ideas of where to start. :dunno:

i have 225/75/16 load rated lt tires on the mj now. the max weight and cold psi is 65. i'm wondering what you guys would recommend for a pressure. i want to maintain the best mpg possible. i can add air when i'm going to haul, but the tires can handle way more than the truck ever could.

i'll mess around with them a bit to see what i like, but i'm hoping to get some ideas of where to start. :dunno:

The factory generally recommends @32psi as a compromise between handling, tire wear, ride harshness, fuel economy, etc.

In my rig (details below) I run 38-40psi, due to the extra weight and to improve fuel economy. Some folk with a similar set-up to mine run quite a bit higher (45-48psi).

p.s. When I'm in the silt in Baja, I drop mine as low as 12-13.

That depends on the rim. Max air pressure on the tire manufacturer's recommended rim size will give even wear on a radial tire. I have a set of 3 perfectly evenly wore LT265/75R16 load range E from the Suburban in the basement. They have about 70,000 miles on them at 80 psi. Tire plaque on the truck recommended load range C at 45 psi.